We provide a comprehensive continuum of care from preschool to college and empower young people to realize their full potential to ensure that they have the resources and support necessary to grow into healthy, responsible adults.
On the path to accomplishing their dreams, our children and youth will contribute to tomorrow’s generations, and be healthy and productive members of our community.
At JCYC, we believe in the following values:
- Community: We foster a collective desire and passion to support the healthy development of children and youth.
- Diversity: We respect and embrace the differences that make all members of our society unique.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves in a manner that is worthy of the trust and confidence placed in us by the communities we serve.
- Cooperation: We build strong partnerships to ensure we have the greatest impact on children and youth possible
- Compassion: We see in a child that which they cannot see in themselves.
- Vision: Like a child, we look ahead with imagination and without limits.
JCYC Strategic Plan 2007-2012
In 2007, the JCYC Board of Directors and administration staff convened to develop a five year strategic plan (2007-2012) for the agency. From this work, updated mission, vision, and values statements were developed. In addition, core activities, strategic goals, and objectives were outlined to support JCYC’s vision statement. The following four strategic activities and goals will be implemented in a staged process over the next five years, and will help guide the direction of the organization for the future:
1) Expand and enhance JCYC’s multi-dimensional programs and services
The primary goal of JCYC is to maintain its role in San Francisco as a leading provider of children’s and youth services, and to continue to expand that role beyond the City. In addition, JCYC is committed to continuing to honor its roots in the Japanese American community by supporting the changing needs of Japanese American youth.
• Explore and address the needs in underserved populations and geographic areas
• Assess and address the needs and services of Japanese-American youth
• Provide technical assistance and mentoring to other organizations
2) Strengthen JCYC’s organizational systems and infrastructure
JCYC must continue to maintain a strong and stable infrastructure to accommodate the growth of the organization. JCYC is committed to supporting facility needs, appropriate technology, effective communications systems, and professional development activities.
• Establish a values-based Organizational Plan
• Establish a values-based Governance Plan
3) Raise JCYC’s visibility in order to serve as a local and state-wide resource
In order to strengthen JCYC’s visibility on a local and state-wide level, the agency will work to solidify JCYC’s image through effective branding.
• Create a comprehensive Communication and Outreach Plan
• Develop a branding strategy that presents JCYC’s continuum of care
• Establish an Alumnae network
4) Increase JCYC’s strategic fund development capacity
By maintaining and increasing JCYC’s financial stability, the organization intends to expand its facilities and build adequate reserves to withstand changes that affect funding.
• Increase unrestricted revenue sources
• Diversify all revenue